Detox & Cleansing Routines for Weight Loss
There’s a book out called The King and Dr. Nick. Have you read it? It’s about Elvis and written from the perspective of his doctor. His doctor stated that Elvis died because of waste matter in his colon, not from heart arrhythmia.
How did they know? From the autopsy. Doctors found his colon didn’t have the normal 2-3 inch diameter and 4-5 foot length. Instead, they found a colon that was 5-6 inches in diameter and 8-9 feet long. Elvis was impacted with toxic wastes in his colon.
Many of us have the same problem, although it may not be as bad as what Elvis had – or it could be worse.
The question to ask is how much of Elvis’s weight was the wastes in the colon? And we wouldn’t know the answer unless we read the actual autopsy report, which generally measures the weight of every organ.
How much of your weight is not muscle, skin, or bone but rather toxic waste sitting in the colon? It’s not uncommon for people to lose 10 pounds over the course of a few months when they’re on a colon detox cleansing program. And if you decide to use the colonic hydrotherapy method to remove impacted waste matter, you could walk away from the session an hour later five to 10 pounds lighter. However, this only occurs in the worst constipation situations.
And if they go farther into detox and cleanse the liver/gallbladder, kidneys and blood, there’s a remarkable turnaround in health of the person. It only takes a few months. And the weight lost is permanent as it’s waste matter. Waste matter can either stay in your body or leave.
Health Benefits of Detox
Take a look at a list of some of the benefits of detoxifying your internal organs:
- Weight loss
- Sleep better at night
- Skin looks more radiant
- Constipation gone; food is moving through the intestines as it should
- Unpleasant odors emitting from body are gone
- Wrinkles are lessened
- Body aches and pains gone
- Brain fog gone
- Joints are limber, better range of motion
- Immune system boosted
- Blood sugar and blood pressure lowered
What is A Detox Cleansing Routine?
A detox cleansing routine is the use of natural substances or natural methods to reduce the toxin level in the body. It’s not specifically a weight loss method; however, weight loss can be the result – and the weight lost can’t be regained.
You can’t regain the toxins you eliminated. However, you can choose to eat a high carbohydrate diet after the detox that would pack the pounds on again. Your diet will always determine whether or not you’ll regain weight but toxins lost once will not come back into your body.
The first organ cleansed is usually the colon – and this makes sense. The largest organ in the body is the skin but the colon is the next largest organ in the body. It’s the body’s factory for processing foods; all your processed foods should be here – not in your cabinets and in your refrigerator!
When your body breaks down foods, it extracts the nutrients out of them and sends the nutrients via the blood to all your organs. The fiber helps propel the food through the intestines to the different locations where the nutrients are absorbed. The body also recognizes that some substances in the foods you ate are toxic and begins combining them with other substances from your liver so the toxins can be removed successfully from your body.
If these toxic substances are not removed, they become focal points where cells are changed by contact with them. Cells can become cancerous as a result. Polyps can form in the colon by the toxins as well. This is something to think about as constipation is one of the worst habits to get into, as it can be linked to all sorts of health challenges.
The intestines need water, digestive enzymes, nutrients, fiber, and probiotics to function properly. When any one of these is missing or not balanced correctly, the body’s processing of food becomes inefficient. Weight gain or weight loss can occur.
Probiotics Play a Role in Weight Loss
Recent studies have shown us that the probiotic bacteria play a role in weight loss. When scientists transferred feces from skinny rats to obese rats, the obese rats got skinny. When they transferred feces from obese rats to skinny ones, the skinny rats got obese.
They concluded that the probiotics living in the colon and intestines impacted metabolism so much that it then affected weight. When the same concept was tried in humans, the same results occurred. Skinny humans got fatter once they had the microbiome of an obese person, and vice versa.
If the cells in the intestinal tract are “cleaned out”, and the good probiotic bacteria replaced, the cells can and will function more optimally. This will then have effects on the breakdown of food in the body. Nutrient levels will increase. All the medicinal constituents in the food are absorbed and go on to affect metabolism. And you get thinner.
Another example is that of water. If you don’t drink enough water, you slow down your weight loss. All the biochemical processes involved in the breakdown of fat need water. Those who drink the most water during their weight loss have an easier time losing the weight.
What’s in a Colon Cleanse?
- Acai Berry – full of antioxidants and polyphenols that decrease free radicals and aging of the colon cells
- Psyllium powder – a type of fiber that helps propel food through the intestines
- Slippery Elm bark – an herb that is believed to remove old, caked on waste matter from the intestinal walls, scrubbing it clean
- Aloe Vera Leaf powder – soothes the colon and relaxes the smooth muscles of the intestines
- Chlorella – internal deodorizer
- Black Walnut Hulls – helps in reducing parasites
- Ginger Root – assists in parasite reduction and anti-inflammation
- Papaya Fruit – provides extra enzymes for the digestion of food
All of these have beneficial effects on the cells and assist them in releasing their toxins. Prebiotic herbs are sometimes added to feed the intestinal bacteria as well.
There are different formulas on the market, but they all cause a purging of the cells of the intestinal tract to varying degrees. This results in an increase of bowel movements during the day as the toxic matter trapped in the colon is moved out of the body.
The key is to do a colon cleanse long enough to restore colon function. Those suffering from constipation need up to six months to retrain the colon to work on its own. And “work on its own” means to have regular bowel movements after eating every meal, rain or shine.
Enemas and Colonic Hydrotherapy Sessions Could Accelerate Weight Loss
Another type of colon cleanse is an enema or colonic. Both these methods use water as the cleansing agent. Water is inserted into the rectum. The feeling of water inside the colon causes the release of the contents in the immediate vicinity.
A colonic sends water up higher than an enema because it utilizes pressure to do so. It won’t be so much pressure that the walls of the intestine are blown out like a balloon, just small amounts that allow the water to travel up higher to meet the next block of fecal matter and cause the release of the contents.
Some people have been able to lose 8-12 pounds of fecal matter from one colonic hydrotherapy session alone. In this regard, a colon detox can be one of the fastest forms of weight loss but it only works like this for those who are constipated. Someone less constipated may only have accumulated 3-5 pounds of waste matter in their colon. Colonic hydrotherapy sessions can be done a few times a week or even daily for a period of time, as they are done in those with cancer.
How to Do A Colon Cleanse (Herbal Formula)
- Take two capsules once daily.
- Drink a large glass of water with the capsules.
- The best time to take the capsules is about 15 minutes before a meal for 30 days.
Do’s and Don’ts for Detox – The Guidelines
- Make sure you are drinking enough water during the day. Every reaction in your body is dependent on water, including weight loss.
- The proper amount is determined by taking your body weight and dividing it by two. This number gives you the number of ounces you will need each day as a minimum. For example, if you weigh 176 pounds, you need 88 ounces of water daily. Since there are 8 ounces in a cup, this is equal to 11 cups water daily.
- When you do a colon cleanse, it’s a good time to increase your dietary fiber from fruits and vegetables such as blackberries, pomegranate seeds, green beans, black beans, lentils, garbanzo beans, pears and apples. These are all high fiber sources.
Although a colon cleanse will work without doing this, the reason why you’re cleansing the organs is to give your cells a good chance to start anew. Going back to the old habits where you don’t eat enough fiber is only going to add new toxins to the cells. You’ll want to keep the cells clean as much as possible.
- Your cells depend on the medicinal constituents found in vegetables and fruits. Thus, eating them during your detox time frames will help you significantly to increase your health benefits. It won’t necessarily affect weight loss though.
One good way to get more medicinal constituents in your body is to add a 2-quart salad three to four times a week. This is a real treat for your body. Include in it any of the following:
|• lettuce||• kale||• watercress|
|• carrots||• celery||• green onions|
|• sprouts||• cucumber||• tomato|
|• fennel||• broccoli||• black beans|
|• lentils||• garbanzos||• walnuts|
|• almonds||• zucchini||• cauliflower|
|• fruit||• arugula||• coconut|
|• avocado||• papaya||• lemon/lime|
|• leeks||• cilantro||• dandelion greens|
|• garlic||• parsley||•|
After incorporating these salads into your diet for up to six weeks, you will have developed a habit of it and will want to continue.
- When you’re using herbal detox capsules to clean out an internal organ, the herbs are doing the work for you. It’s always best to bump up your health habits during this time period (drink less alcohol, exercise regularly, get enough sleep, stay away from toxic friends, reduce coffee intake, and eliminate fast foods), but the capsules will do the work internally.
However, the positive benefits will be felt faster and remain longer if you change at least a few of your negative habits. You’ll negate some of the benefits by continuing on with bad habits.
- Eating meat during a detox of the internal organs is not going to harm you. Although there’s a lot of negative press about eating meat and it supposedly being harmful for your kidneys, the reality is that meat (and other protein sources) are lowered only for those with end stage kidney disease. Your body was made to breakdown all protein sources. It is not difficult to digest meat.
- Giving up cigarettes or other forms of nicotine addiction will help you progress through the detox more rapidly without symptoms. It’s best to do this before starting, but your body may need the actual detox to remove enough toxins from your body so you can manage the withdrawals. You’ll find that during the detox of the colon and liver, your cravings for cigarettes declines. That’s the time to give up the cigarettes.
- Sugar is a no-no during detox because it’s highly addictive. Start easing into reducing sugar by removing your high sugar worst offender foods and beverages first – energy drinks, pastries, candies, donuts, breakfast cereals, and protein or granola bars. Your taste buds will readjust to lower levels of sugar in your diet in four days.
- Wheat is another highly addictive food, even though many people don’t understand this. The rebound depression from cutting it out cold turkey is difficult to deal with because of the addictive substances it contains.
It’s best to start a week before you begin your detox to begin decreasing the number of foods you eat that contain wheat. Even organic wheat is still addictive; a food can be organic and still contain the addictive substances produced via genetic engineering.
Detox and cleansing the internal organs is a health strategy that is important to remain healthy in today’s society. It’s one that can result in weight loss of about 10 pounds minimum over about 4-6 weeks. If you use colonic hydrotherapy and are starting from a constipated position, then you could easily count on another 5-10 pounds lost, sometimes with the first colonic session.
When you combine taking the detox herbal capsules with dietary changes such as eliminating sugar, alcohol, and wheat, you’ll see a greater weight loss that can make you lose another 10 pounds in a month.
Combining the colon and organ detox methods with other weight loss methods such as intermittent fasting, juicing, and calorie counting is an excellent way to step up your progress and create fast weight loss. It leaves you healthier after all your efforts. And that says a lot for any health strategy.